Wind & Rainproof Cotton Nylon - Brick Red
Price is per HALF metre. 1 unit = 0.5metres. For 1.5metres, add 3 units.
All cut length orders are sent as one continuous length.
Weight: Medium / Light
Composition: 70% Nylon 30% Cotton
Width: 150cm / 59inch
Pattern repeat: N/A
This clever nylon and cotton fabric has the ideal qualities for creating a host of practical garments and accessories for protecting against a shower of rain.
This superb showerproof woven nylon and cotton fabric boasts a subtle dusty brick red hue. You can't beat this red tone for combining with blue and white to create nautical styles for the whole family.
Brick Red boasts a close weave with a lightly-grained texture - akin to grosgrain. The nylon content produces a cool and characteristically man-made feel which boasts excellent stability and strength. This fabric is also wind resistant, making it perfect for sporty 'Yacht style', windcheaters outdoor clothing, cagoules, raincoats, parka styles etc.
Raincoats, macs, sportswear and even showerproof* trousers and cagoules.
Here are a few useful pattern suggestions:
- Men's Jacques Raincoat - I AM PATTERNS
- Whitney Raincoat - Amy Nicole
- His and Hers Jacket- Simplicity - S9052
- Anorak Jacket- Simplicity - S8843
- Kelly Anorak - Closet Core Patterns - add a quilted lining fabric for extra cosiness
- Children's Truffle Coat - Lara Sanner
- Tilly and the Buttons - Eden
You can also use this fabric for hardwearing bags and accessories.