Frequently Asked Questions - Special Occasion Satin
What is the Special Occasion Satin?
Special Occasion Satin is a name that we have conjured ourselves in our own Fabworks type of way, for this exquisite and very unique stunning collection of lightweight satin fabrics. The name SOS has no direct link to its original designer, however this quirky acronym is definitely fitting of the fabric, and allows it to standout in its own special way. The SOS acronym simply references this particular collection and its sister fabrics, that feature both small scale and larger designs, full of vivacious colour-rich palettes. A quite wild collection of designs that you will not find anywhere else.
Where did SOS come from?
SOS came from a famous British designer, who is a renowned British ladies and menswear designer famous for their fine occasion wear with quirky and elegant styles; their inspiration is taken from history and the natural world. Fabworks has sourced SOS as 'deadstock', meaning that it was manufactured and previously used in the fashion industry but is no longer in production nor re-stockable. Once it's gone it's gone...
What can I use it for?
Fashion your SOS fabrics for stunning occasion wear pieces:
- dresses with drape and gathered details
- bow-tie / pussy bow style blouses and dresses
- cowl neck shift dresses
- simple dolman sleeved tops
- quick-make slashed-neck scarf style tops
- '70s inspired puffed full sleeve shirts with deep cuffs
- dresses with gathered tiers (wear with statement boots for a fabulous stand alone piece)
- sumptuous & silky pyjamas
- the prettiest camisole and shorts set
- kimonos or retro style robes / smoking jackets
- statement linings in bespoke outerwear makes - jackets, coats & waistcoats!
- cravats & scarves
- headbands & luxe accessories
Add a hint of luxury to a outerwear garments and feature your SOS as a complementary or contrast lining, or create elegant drapey styles when used as a standalone piece.