Jemima Waistcoat - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Jemima Waistcoat?
Jemima Waistcoat is the first ever pattern brought to you by The Pattern Stash. A classic ladies semi-tailored waistcoat sewing pattern featuring princess seams, contrasting falling lapels, pockets with cut out detail and a contrasting jigger centre back.
What fabrics can I use for the Jemima Waistcoat sewing pattern?
The Jemima Waistcoat was inspired by our latest Heart of Huddersfield exclusive range of wool fabrics, particularly the Thistledown Marl collection. The sewing pattern is very versatile and is best suited to stable woven fabrics. There are many fabrics suitable for the project including but not limited to Wool, Cotton, Denim Corduroy and Linen.
Our resident fabric expert Dawn has written a blog about the variety of suitable fabrics to use to create the Jemima Waistcoat. Click here to read Dawn's fabric suggestions
How much fabric do I need to buy?
Jemima Waistcoat requires 3 fabrics. These can vary slightly depending on the width of your fabric.
Fabric required if width is 150cm/60”
- Main fabric: 1m
- Contrast fabric: 0.75m
- Lining fabric: 0.9m
Fabric required if width is 115cm/45”
- Main fabric: 1.25m
- Contrast fabric: 0.75m
- Lining: 1.1m
What else do I need in order to make the Jemima Waistcoat?
The sewing notions that you will need are:
- Main Fabric
- Contrast Fabric
- Iron-on Interfacing (optional extra for lighter weight fabrics, interfacing weight dependant on fabric weight)
- Buttons for the front fastening and contrast Jigger
- Matching threads for top-stitching
How difficult is the Jemima Waistcoat to make?
- The Jemima Waistcoat is designed for beginner/intermediate sewists
- Within each pattern you will find clear instructions, with video tutorials coming in the future
- We estimate sewing time to be take 3-5 hours. The perfect afternoon sewing project!
- If you ever need any extra help, Chloe is often available to answer any questions you may have. Please send any queries to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I find out more about the Jemima Waistcoat sewing pattern?
- You can find more information about the Jemima Waistcoat here
- Follow our new Instagram page dedicated to The Pattern Stash, where you will find tips, information and inspiration @thepatternstash
Can I buy a Pattern Stash sewing kit with everything I need to get sewing?
Yes. There is a Springtime Sewing Kit for the Jemima Waistcoat, choose from 6 coordinating colour palettes. Each kit includes: main & contrast fabrics, lining, threads, buttons + pattern (optional extra). Click here to view now