Lovely Lobelia - Printed 100% Linen
Price is per HALF metre. 1 unit = 0.5metres. For 1.5metres, add 3 units.
All cut length orders are sent as one continuous length.
Composition: 100% Linen
Width: 146cm / 57.4inch
Pattern repeat: 2cm / 0.78inch
Made in Europe by a company of world renown, with centuries of expertise and tradition. This 100% Linen fabric gives you all the benefits of natural fibres. Linen has been used for centuries because of its beneficial properties; cool and breathable, gets softer with washing & wear and linen is impervious to moths and resists dirt and stains.
This fabric has a delicate soft blue base, sprinkled with flower-like printed motifs in mid-blue, pale blue and white, like tiny-headed lobelia flowers that carpet flowerbeds all summer long.
Lightly textured, with a fine-grained quality.
Close weave with good opacity.
Stable and hard-wearing hand.
Soft cool hand, with excellent drape when used at length.
For light weight linens: this fabric is the perfect weight for all manner of separates and stand-alone garments.
- The Pattern Stash: Cordelia Trousers (as shorts) and Amelia Skirt
- Classic blazers and jackets: ( may need lkining) Sew Different - Sunrise Jacket, Friday Pattern Co - Ilford Jacket-with a more overshirt-like quality when made in this lighter weight
- Jumpsuits: Paper Theory - Zadie
- Cropped shorts styles & playsuits
- Dresses: Sew Different Tulip Dress, Triple Tuck Smock, Folia Frock
- Tunics, Boxy tops, vests, T-shirt styles
This is lovely fabric in that special shade of blue that goes well with so many other colours. It is strong but soft and would lend itself to many, many uses.
Once again, I am delighted with my purchase