Daffodil Yellow - Cotton Drill
Only 7m of this product left in stock
Price is per HALF metre. 1 unit = 0.5metres. For 1.5metres, add 3 units.
All cut length orders are sent as one continuous length.
Composition: 100% Cotton
Width: 156cm / 61.4inch
Pattern repeat: N/A
Daffodil Yellow - Cotton Drill is one of our Drill and twill fabrics: traditionally used to make workwear and utility clothing. Still used for uniforms and countless outdoor purposes from equestrian to workwear, and all manner of clothing and accessories, through to useful homewares and soft furnishings. Read on for inspiring ideas and hints and tips about this new addition to the Drills & Twills section.
Daffodil Yellow is as its name suggests a bright and uplifting yellow like the spring flower of its name. Bold primary hues like Daffodil Yellow are adored for their uplifting bright spring and summer style. Team this with Classic White, Cool Aqua or Petal Pink for a unique and fun colour-blocked patchwork style. We love the versatility of this hardwearing Daffodil Yellow fabric.
Drills and twills are traditionally used in protective clothing production for industrial workers and those with outdoor jobs. This iconic style popularised during wartime for practical and hardworking clothing quickly filtered down to become a basic staple, seen in most wardrobes. Its fine twill weave, stable handle, medium weight, and pleasing cotton feel, that gets better with time, make it a true classic. Daffodil Yellow is perfect for a plethora of practical and classic clothing.
This fabric boasts excellent strength, stability and a versatile handle. It will drape well and has a pleasing malleable hand, yet will hold crisp details such as collars and top-stitched panels; characteristic of jeans and utility styles.
Daffodil Yellow is the ideal fabric for bright colour lovers. Team this with other pastel cotton drills for attention-stealing ensembles. All you have to do is decide what to make from this happy yellow fabric. Here are a few helpful suggestions to set you on your way:
- Denim skirt styles: The Pattern Stash - Amelia skirt is perfect for colour blocking
- Friday Pattern Co - The Ilford Jacket for classic and unique (colour-blocked) utility shacket styling. Now available at Fabworks!
- Classic trench coats: Ulysses Trench - Victory Patterns, Isla Trench Coat - Named Clothing
- Utility/Parka/Anoraks: Makers Atelier - The Utility Coat, Sienna Maker Jacket - Closet Core Patterns
- Denim style jackets: Butterick 5616
- Classic blazer & trousers ensemble: Burda 7134
- Jeans, dungarees, boilersuits: The Pattern Stash - Lynsey Dungarees, Fibremood - Leah
- Pinafore dresses: TATB - Cleo, Sew Different - Scoop Pinafore
There are of course countless other brilliant sewing patterns available, these are but a few. Other excellent uses are craft aprons, tool aprons/holders, tote bags, messenger bags, hats, caps, rucksacks, and barrel bag